A Virtual Private Network or a VPN is a network that is used by businesses and other public systems that all connect to remote sites. A virtual connection is passed through the internet to the businesses private network to the employee. This is a fast and more effective method than leased lines, However, not all VPN providers are able to deliver fast VPN service. There are several factors that will affect how well VPN services are able to perform.
- The performance of a VPN is closely linked to many factors. This can include the country, service you sue, which server you connect to, the number of users that already connected, operating system, computer or router you are using, your ISP, and your online activity.
- VPN's are available in two different ways; Open VPN and Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP). PPTP is easy and simple to set up. To set up PPTP, you will not need to have any software. However, if you choose to use Open VPN you will need a special software to be able to install it. Open VPN will not work on any mobile device. So make sure that you are picking the VPN protocol that will meet all your needs.
- A VPN connection is needed to encrypt and decrypt using keys, tunnel information through ISP and different counties, and pass certificate inspections.
- Many VPN providers claim that the difference in speed is caused by the location of the server. However, this is only partially true. The further away you are from the server plays a larger role in the VPN speed. So, if you want the fastest service make sure that you pick a VPN server that is close to you. The best option is to use a service provider that is able to offer the largest server base possible.
- In some cases, slow VPN connection is due to the internet browser you are using. Check to make sure that your internet browser is supported by the VPN. If it is then make sure that your browser is up to date.
There are lots of other factors that can affect a VPN. However, if security is your top concern, make sure that you find a good VPN service provider.